[all][tc] What's happening in Technical Committee: summary 2022 Dec 02: Reading: 5 min

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Fri Dec 2 21:05:59 UTC 2022

Hello Everyone,

Here is this week's summary of the Technical Committee activities.

1. TC Meetings:
============

* We had this week's meeting on Nov 30. Most of the meeting discussions are summarized
in this email. Meeting logs are available
@ https://meetings.opendev.org/meetings/tc/2022/tc.2022-11-30-16.00.log.html

* Next TC weekly meeting will be on Dec 7 Wed at 16:00 UTC, Feel free to add the topic to
the agenda[1] by Dec 6.

2. What we completed this week:
upstream CI) and we should use the free open source things to test the upstream code but
we do not have any other setup ready for FIPS testing (CentOSstream is not stable enough to
add voting job, Debian is not tested broadly in all projects so it may take more time to add
the voting job in projects)

For now, testing FIPS with Ubuntu paid token is best possible go ahead and if we have any
open source/free/stable version available in any distro then we can move FIPS job on that.

* Added Skyline repository for OpenStack-Ansible[3]
* Added the manila-infinidat charm to Openstack charms[4]
* Added the cinder-infinidat charm to Openstack charms[5]

3. Activities In progress:
==================
TC Tracker for 2023.1 cycle
---------------------------------
* Current cycle working items and their progress are present in 2023.1 tracker etherpad[6].

Open Reviews
-----------------
* Three open reviews for ongoing activities[7].

Technical Election changes (Extending Nomination and voting period)
This is in review and positive response so far[8].

Renovate translation SIG i18
----------------------------------
* No specific update for this week and it will be discussed with the Foundation
staff and Board members in Dec 6th board meeting.

Adjutant situation (project is not active)
Proposal to mark Adjutant as inactive is up[9] and ready for review. I have emailed
about it to current PTL also.

Project updates
-------------------
* Add the infinidat-tools subordinate charm to OpenStack charms[10]

4. How to contact the TC:
====================
If you would like to discuss or give feedback to TC, you can reach out to us in multiple ways:

1. Email: you can send the email with tag [tc] on openstack-discuss ML[11].
2. Weekly meeting: The Technical Committee conduct a weekly meeting every Thursday 15:00 UTC [12]
3. Ping us using 'tc-members' nickname on #openstack-tc IRC channel.

[1] https://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2022-November/031240.html
[2] https://meetings.opendev.org/meetings/tc/2022/tc.2022-11-30-16.00.log.html#l-151
[3] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/governance/+/863166
[4] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/governance/+/864068