Unable to access Internet from an instance and accessing instance using floating-point IPs from external network

Eugen Block eblock at nde.ag
Fri Dec 2 10:36:02 UTC 2022

Hi,

if you want people to reply you should keep the mailing list in the
loop. Also please don't paste pictures but terminal output as plain
text so it won't get lost.

>> From my controller site:
>> External-internet = 192.168.1.118
>> Internal-network = 10.42.0.189

Seems like you meant it the other way around looking at the other networks.

>> My external network details is shown below

I don't see a segmentation ID for the external network, we create
provider (external) networks with the same segmentation ID as the
corresponding VLAN in our environment has. The rest of the information
on the pictures is not readable to me, please paste the security-group
rules as text.

>> Apart from all the above information, I will briefly talk about what I
>> have enabled in my global.yml file. I have set the
>> kolla_internal_vip_address to "192168.1.200", kolla_external_vip_address to
>> "10.42.0.200", enable_haproxy to "yes" and other core components of
>> openstack was enabled.

I'm not familiar with kolla so I can't really say what else could be
missing or not. You could disable the port security for your instance
to see if that helps, otherwise use tcpdump on control and compute
node to see where the packets get lost and which vlans are in use. I'm
not sure if that will resolve it but I believe your external network
should have a segmentation ID.