[TripleO Wallaby] - Multi-attach Volume showing different files

Takashi Kajinami tkajinam at redhat.com
Mon Aug 29 16:22:46 UTC 2022

I'm afraid what you are trying is completely wrong.
In case you need a shared file system then you should use a different
technology like Manila.

Multiattach in cinder allows multiple VMS to access the same block device
data but it does
NEVER provide any mechanism to guarantee consistency at file system level.
Popular filesystems
such as xfs never protect concurrent IO from multiple machines and If you
mount the filesystem
on the shared disk by multiple vms and write on it concurrently then you'd
end up with a corrupted filesystem.

Usually when you have multiattach-ed block devices then you need to
implement a mechanism
to prevent concurrent access (eg. Pacemaker)