[nova] Could I boot instance from volume snapshot in cmd?

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Sun Aug 28 16:34:46 UTC 2022

On 2022-08-28 17:18:00 +0800 (+0800), 韩光宇 wrote:
> I want boot instance from volume snapshot in cmd, but I never found it
> in `openstack server create --help` and
> https://docs.openstack.org/nova/latest/user/launch-instances.html.
>
> Could I do it in cmd? I saw that this can be done  on horizon

I'm not clear exactly what you're looking for, but the `openstack
server create` subcommand has several related options. If you want
to boot from a snapshot image use --snapshot, for booting from a
server image with a new volume backing use --boot-from-volume, and
to boot from an existing volume which contains a server snapshot use
--volume:

https://docs.openstack.org/python-openstackclient/latest/cli/command-objects/server.html#cmdoption-openstack-server-create-volume

I think you may be asking about the --volume option?
--
Jeremy Stanley