container and instances are not working on my dashboard

Bernd Bausch berndbausch at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 00:58:06 UTC 2022

You have a single compute node. The error message when creating an
instance is "no valid host was found". This indicates that, for some
reason, your compute node can't launch the instance.

The first thing to do is check Nova's status with /openstack compute
service list/. It will tell you if Nova considers the compute service on
/ara-pc/ running and enabled. If so, you need to look at the logs. I
would start with the scheduler log for clues why no host could be found,
then also the compute log on /ara-pc/.

Why your CLI shows a list of containers, but the GUI doesn't: The first
thing I'd check is whether you use the same project in the CLI and the GUI.