[ovn-bgp-agent][neutron] - expose_tenant_networks bug

Luis Tomas Bolivar ltomasbo at redhat.com
Wed Aug 24 06:58:16 UTC 2022

On Tue, Aug 23, 2022 at 6:04 PM Satish Patel <satish.txt at gmail.com> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I am setting up ovn-bgp-agent lab in "BGP mode" and i found everything
> working great except expose tenant network
> https://ltomasbo.wordpress.com/2021/02/04/ovn-bgp-agent-testing-setup/
>
> Lab Summary:
>
> 1 controller node
> 3 compute node
>
> ovn-bgp-agent running on all compute node because i am using
> "enable_distributed_floating_ip=True"
>

> ovn-bgp-agent config:
>
> [DEFAULT]
> debug=False
> expose_tenant_networks=True
> driver=ovn_bgp_driver
> reconcile_interval=120
> ovsdb_connection=unix:/var/run/openvswitch/db.sock
>
> I am not seeing my vm on tenant ip getting exposed but when i attach FIP
> which gets exposed in loopback address. here is the full trace of debug
> logs: https://paste.opendev.org/show/buHiJ90nFgC1JkQxZwVk/

It is not exposed in any node, right? Note when expose_tenant_network is
enabled, the traffic to the tenant VM is exposed in the node holding the
cr-lrp (ovn router gateway port) for the router connecting the tenant
network to the provider one.

The FIP will be exposed in the node where the VM is.

On the other hand, the error you see there should not happen, so I'll
investigate why that is and also double check if the expose_tenant_network
flag is broken somehow.

Thanks!

--
LUIS TOMÁS BOLÍVAR