[octavia] Help with fix barbican client in octavia when use trust-scoped token

Dmitriy Rabotyagov noonedeadpunk at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 19:08:41 UTC 2022

Hey,

It's not barbican client and issue, but how Octavia does create token out
of application credentials.

We've also catched that issue and tried to solve it from keystone side [1],
but seems that code refactoring is required.
While proposed workaround for keystone kind of works, I guess it might
cause more serious security concerns, as basically creating token from
application credentials token seems to be never supported by keystone.

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1959674