[kolla-ansible][octavia] need networking help

Stuart Whitman swhitman at groupw.com
Tue Aug 16 16:50:44 UTC 2022

Hello,

I prefer for kolla to create the bridge automatically.  Each node has two
physical interfaces. The network_interface and neutron_external_interface
options are set in the inventory file.

> you need set octavia_network_interface and configure external switch properly

I have octavia_network_interface set to "{{ api_interface }}" and api_interface
is set to "{{ network_interface }}", the defaults.

What do you mean by "configure external switch properly"? If you mean the
external option when creating OpenStack networks, then I used the defaults
in globals.yml which does not include that option. If you mean the physical
switch, I'm using a low-budget switch I had lying around that is not configurable.

Thanks for the help - everything else with kolla-ansible has been fairly easy.

-Stu

----