[all] Automatic update of Python jobs in Zuul project configuration

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Mon Aug 8 14:58:16 UTC 2022

 ---- On Mon, 08 Aug 2022 19:53:22 +0530  Jeremy Stanley  wrote ---
 > On 2022-08-08 19:45:23 +0530 (+0530), Ghanshyam Mann wrote:
 > [...]
 > > There were other cases also where template update have been missed
 > > or not corrct (for example independent release repo). That is why
 > > in Zed PTG, we agreed to remove these release specific template
 > > and auto generated patches to update the template name. From this
 > > cycle onwards, we will be doing these python version change in
 > > generic template at single place and do not need to update the
 > > python testing template name in every release.
 >
 > Thanks for the reminder. Do you happen to know whether the release
 > automation has been updated to accommodate this policy change?

Not yet, I have todo to do that and rebase my job template patch. Plan
is that use the same auto-generated way to update the release specific
template to generic one this time and from next release onwards we will
update only generic template with proper notification to projects to make
sure that new python versions jobs are working fine for their repo.

-gmann