[oslo][stable] Backport of the default value of the config option change

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Aug 5 13:32:19 UTC 2022

On 2022-08-05 14:24:25 +0200 (+0200), Slawek Kaplonski wrote:
[...]
> I just proposed change of the default value of that config option
> to be "False" again. And my question is - would it be possible and
> acceptable to backport such change up to stable/wallaby
[...]

In the past, stable branch maintainers have generally held that
changing configuration defaults was only possible in the version
under development, and not backportable. However, there is this
carve-out in the policy document: "It’s nevertheless allowed to
backport fixes for other bugs if their safety can be easily proved."

https://docs.openstack.org/project-team-guide/stable-branches.html
--
Jeremy Stanley