[openstack] how to speed up live migration?

Ignazio Cassano ignaziocassano at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 09:58:14 UTC 2022

Hello, menu thanks for your reply.
I tried both post copy and converge but the live migrations is always very
slow for applications servers like tomcat with java.
The very strange behaviour is that if I migrate from compute node A to
compute node B it takes more than 20 minutes.
After that, if I migrate from compute B to compute A, it takes few seconds.
I do not know if its is because dirty memory iscleaned during the first
live migration.
Live migration network si 10Gbs so I do not think the first live migration
is affected by network performances.
Ignazio