Horizon dashboard query

Amit Uniyal auniyal at redhat.com
Tue Aug 2 07:35:51 UTC 2022

Hello,

You want to automate and provide a web interface solution.

The simplest way would be to create a new web application (which can have
only 2-3 pages) with an input form asking for VM details and usage.

1. Get all info in json format, update it as per available image, flavor
details.

Now you have all details of request, you can add an approval system here
manual/automated (as per usage and quota assigned).

2. Convert this to a heat template, upload to swift(for future reference),
and call heat api.
    Why heat ?
     It will allow you to create n+ number of VM at once, for example can
create a full lab, having different instance flavor on different networks.

3. Update VM deployment status and access info back in the web application.

Tools:
web app: Django or node js

Docs:
https://docs.openstack.org/api-ref/orchestration/v1/