[openstack-ansible][glance][nfs] Requesting Example of Working Config

Dave Hall kdhall at binghamton.edu
Mon Aug 1 18:35:03 UTC 2022

Solved, sort of.  I finally figured out the right Google search to lead me
to https://docs.openstack.org/glance/yoga/configuration/configuring.html,
According to this document,

Configuring Glance Storage Backends¶
> <https://docs.openstack.org/glance/yoga/configuration/configuring.html#configuring-glance-storage-backends>
>
> There are a number of configuration options in Glance that control how
> Glance stores disk images. These configuration options are specified in the
> glance-api.conf configuration file in the section [glance_store].
> default_store=STORE
>
> Optional. Default: file
>
> Can only be specified in configuration files.
>
> Sets the storage backend to use by default when storing images in Glance.
> Available options for this option are (file, swift, rbd, cinder or vsphere).
> In order to select a default store it must also be listed in the stores
> list described below.
> stores=STORES
>
> Optional. Default: file, http
>
> A comma separated list of enabled glance stores. Some available options
> for this option are (filesystem, http, rbd, swift, cinder, vmware)

I looked at the glance-api.conf in my containers and found neither of these
lines present.  When I added them

[glance_store]
> default_backend = file
>

> *default_store = filestores = file*
>
> the image creation worked.

Now my question will be how to get openstack-ansible to generate these
lines.

-Dave

--
Dave Hall