[Cinder] [Nova] [Interop] "compute-volume-list" API guideline

Balazs Gibizer balazs.gibizer at est.tech
Wed Sep 29 09:44:35 UTC 2021

On Tue, Sep 28 2021 at 04:54:38 PM -0400, Vida Haririan
<vhariria at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi Cinder and Nova teams,
>
> The Interop team is reviewing all related open stories to determine
> next steps.
>
> We researched the current status of 1638112:“os-volumes should be
> flagged for removal in the compute API guidelines“ [1] and noticed
> that "compute-volume-list" was removed in 2017.01 guidelines [2][3].
> However, two related tests still remain in tempest [4][5]and we are
> reaching out to determine if the API is still in use or has been
> moved/renamed.

Nova has been deprecated those proxy APIs and with microversion >= 2.36
Nova returns 404. [6][7]. Still nova did not deleted the os-volumes
code, so with microversion < 2.36 the API works this is why the tempest
test is still passing.  I think we should only remove the tempest test
when nova deletes the os-volumes API resource from the code. (We did
delete other proxy resources like os-networks in Ussuri)

Cheers,
gibi

> Please let us know if  you have any questions.
>
> [1] https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/1638112
> [2]
> https://opendev.org/osf/interop/src/commit/dd7ae2660de5daa82ab4fe080e875d6326f88185/guidelines/2017.01.json#L1324-L1348
> [3]