[Sahara]Currently about the development of the Sahara community there are some points

Luigi Toscano ltoscano at redhat.com
Fri Sep 24 10:24:17 UTC 2021

On Friday, 24 September 2021 12:04:33 CEST Juntingqiu Qiujunting (邱军婷) wrote:
> Hi all:

Hello,

> Currently about the development of the Sahara community there are some
> points as following:

> 1. About the schedule of the regular meeting of the Sahara project? What is
> your suggestion?
>     How about the regular meeting time every Wednesday afternoon 15:00 to
> 16:30?

I guess you are proposing to change the current time, which is currently set
for Thursday at 14.00 UTC, but which we haven't used much lately?
If Wednesday 15.00 UTC (is that UTC) works better for you, why not?

> 2. Regarding the Sahara project maintenance switch from StoryBoard to
> launchpad.
>
>     https://storyboard.openstack.org/
>
>     https://blueprints.launchpad.net/openstack/
>
>     The reasons are as follows:
>
>         1. OpenSatck core projects are maintained on launchpad, such as
> nova, cinder, neutron, etc.

>         2. Most OpenStack contributors are used to working on launchpad.

Not all OpenStack projects are maintained on launchpad, some switched to
storyboard. Unfortunately the mass migration didn't happen and the storyboard
development has slowed down. That said, Sahara switched to storyboard long ago
and moving to launchpad will lose a lot of tickets and history. All the
tickets are in storyboard.

> 3. Do you have any suggestions?
>

> If you think this is feasible, I will post this content in the Sahara
> community later. Thank you for your help.

As this email is going to openstack-discuss, which other community? The IRC
channel?

--
Luigi