[neutron] upgrading port binding:profile.allocation value for port-resource-request-groups API extension

Rodolfo Alonso Hernandez ralonsoh at redhat.com
Thu Sep 23 15:33:11 UTC 2021

Hello Balazs:

You are right: a DB migration is not necessary but a DB sanitization. I did
something similar in https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/neutron/+/789831.
This patch includes the script to, in one shot, modify the whole DB and an
upgrade check to test it.

About the code, if something like the script provided and the upgrade check
is included, that will ensure the DB is correctly migrated in Y release.
That means the code supporting both formats could be removed in Z.

Regards.