Neutron FIP Qos with OVN Backend

Slawek Kaplonski skaplons at redhat.com
Thu Sep 23 11:07:25 UTC 2021

Hi,

On czwartek, 23 września 2021 12:33:13 CEST Ammad Syed wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using Neutron wallaby with OVN backend. I am testing QoS FIP and it
> works fine.
>
> I have created a QoS policy and attached it with FIP, It works fine. Is it
> possible to set one of the QoS policy as default that each time I acquire a
> floating IP, the QoS should be attached to it by default ?
>
> Ammad

You can mark QoS policy as default for the project: https://
docs.openstack.org/api-ref/network/v2/index.html?expanded=create-qos-policy-
detail#qos-default-extension
But TBH I'm not sure if that will work with FIPs - You should test it and if
that will not work, probably You can open bug for Neutron about that :)

--
Slawek Kaplonski
Principal Software Engineer