RabbitMQ annoying disconnections [kolla-ansible, rabbitmq]

Ben Nemec openstack at nemebean.com
Wed Sep 22 16:22:51 UTC 2021

On 9/21/21 2:44 AM, bkslash wrote:
> So there are two questions:
>
> 1. Why heartbeat_in_pthread didn’t change situation? And if it’s
> deprecated it was kind of risky to use it long term (after upgrade to
> wallaby it would stop working anyway?)

It's deprecated because it became the default behavior in subsequent
releases. The functionality is not going away, just the ability to turn
it off.

The only reason it was ever configurable was that we had concerns about
mixing pthreads and greenthreads and wanted the people affected by the
original bug to test the combination for a couple of releases before we
turned it on for everyone.