[designate][interop] test_create_all_recordset_types ddt issue

Martin Kopec mkopec at redhat.com
Wed Sep 8 14:24:08 UTC 2021

Hi designate team,

I'm reaching out because we have encountered a problem with one of the
tests [1]. We track the following name [2]:
designate_tempest_plugin.tests.api.v2.test_recordset.RecordsetsTest.test_create_all_recordset_types

That test name is actually incorrect due to the ddt and the real name of
the test is created dynamically based on the test data passed via ddt.

We have a consistency check which is supposed to verify that the test names
tracked in our guidelines match the ones in Tempest/tempest plugins,
however, there was a bug - we are fixing that by [3].

The question is, should interop track all the permutations of the test? See
[4].

[1]
https://opendev.org/openstack/designate-tempest-plugin/src/commit/da27a70ae2b39695ef6f03bbefb55afeacf1cdf3/designate_tempest_plugin/tests/api/v2/test_recordset.py#L87
[2]