[ceph-users] Re: Replacing swift with RGW

Francesco Pantano fpantano at redhat.com
Mon Sep 6 11:01:20 UTC 2021

Hello,
not sure this helps for your configuration but we used to support this
scenario with TripleO [1].
The scenario is related to an external Ceph cluster deployed via
ceph-ansible (or any other Ceph
related tool) and consumed by some OSP services.
In particular you can configure an external Swift (or Ceph RadosGW) proxy,
and you can probably
refer to the doc [1] to double check the parameters (in terms of endpoints
and other configs) on
both OSP and ceph side.
Also, make sure the openstack user you're using to issue the "swift stat"
command has the right
roles assigned (the same accepted by RGW and defined in the ceph config).

[1]
https://docs.openstack.org/project-deploy-guide/tripleo-docs/latest/features/swift_external.html

Francesco Pantano
GPG KEY: F41BD75C