[cinder][nova] fsfreeze hooks issues with cinder snapshot/backup

Jay Bryant jungleboyj at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 13:34:49 UTC 2021

On 8/31/2021 10:19 AM, Sofia Enriquez wrote:
> Hello,
>
> As far as I can see cinder hasn't implemented this. However, I'm not
> sure about the status of this feature because the last update was on
> 2014[1]

I remember being a part of these discussions and the fact that there was
interest in getting it working.  I am wondering if this was just a case
where no one followed through on implementation. It might be that we
encountered an unexpected challenge that I don't remember.

Either way, I do agree that this would be a good topic for the PTG.