[horizon][dev]Handle multiple login sessions from same user in Horizon

Luz de Avila, Arthur Arthur.LuzdeAvila at windriver.com
Fri Oct 29 19:00:58 UTC 2021

Hi everyone,

In order to improve the system my colleagues and I would like to bring up a new feature to Horizon. We found out that an user is able to login in Horizon with the same credentials in multiple devices or/and browsers. This may be not very secure as the user can login in many different devices or/and browsers with the same credential.

Thinking on that, we would like bring up more control to the admin of the system in a way that the admin can enable or disable the multiple login sessions according to the needs of the system.

For a better follow up of this propose, a blueprint has been opened with more details about the idea and concepts of this and we would like the onion of the community whether this feature make sense to implement or not.
The blueprint opened on launchpad: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/horizon/+spec/handle-multiple-login-sessions-from-same-user-in-horizon

Kind regards,
Arthur Avila