[tripleo] x509 certificate Issue in Overcloud Deployment

Alex Schultz aschultz at redhat.com
Wed Oct 27 18:34:03 UTC 2021

On Wed, Oct 27, 2021 at 12:20 PM Anirudh Gupta <anyrude10 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Team,
>
> I am trying to install the Tripleo setup on the Openstack Train.
>
> While deploying the overcloud, I am getting an x509 certificate error in downloading the images from quay.io
> This is because of a proxy certificate in the LAB.
>
> Before installing Undercloud, I manually placed the certificate in order to avoid this issue.
> How can I take care of placing such certificates in case of an overcloud.

Best solution is use push_destination: true in your
ContainerImagePrepare. This is the --local-push-destination option for
`openstack tripleo container image prepare default`.  This will load
the containers on the undercloud and use the undercloud as the source
for the containers in the overcloud.
https://docs.openstack.org/project-deploy-guide/tripleo-docs/latest/deployment/container_image_prepare.html#undercloud-registry

Alternatively use the DockerInsecureRegistryAddress to specify the
registry you are using. It's a list of just host or host:port that you
will be fetching containers from.
https://docs.openstack.org/project-deploy-guide/tripleo-docs/latest/deployment/architecture.html#containers-runtime-deployment-and-configuration-notes