[kuryr] Using kuryr-kubernetes CNI without neutron agent(s)?

Jason Anderson jasonanderson at uchicago.edu
Tue Oct 26 22:27:23 UTC 2021

Hello all,

I’m interested in letting Neutron provide the network configuration frontend for networks realized on k8s kubelets. I have been reading a lot about kuryr-kubernetes and it looks like it fits the bill, but some of the older architecture diagrams I’ve seen indicate that OVS and the neutron-openvswitch-agent (or similar) must also run on the kubelet node. Is this still accurate? I am hoping to avoid this because my understanding is that running the OVS agent means giving the kubelet node access to RabbitMQ and potentially storing admin keystone creds on the node as well.

Can kuryr-kubernetes work without such an agent co-located?

Thanks!
Jason Anderson

---

Chameleon DevOps Lead
Department of Computer Science, University of Chicago
Mathematics and Computer Science, Argonne National Laboratory