[kolla-ansible][neutron]BGP Problems

Francois rigault.francois at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 20:43:52 UTC 2021

Hello
On Tue, 26 Oct 2021 at 21:29, Franck VEDEL
<franck.vedel at univ-grenoble-alpes.fr> wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm trying to get BGP / BGP speaker / DRAgent to work with Neutron on one side and a Cisco router on the other. I work under Centos / Kolla-ansible / Wallaby.
> I adapt this technical documentation (https://docs.openstack.org/neutron/latest/admin/config-bgp-dynamic-routing.html) to my configuration but I am having difficulties (the cisco router sends a TCP SYN frame to the router in Openstack, TCP port 179, but the router sends back an RST. I don't understand why, no security on the router port).

My understanding is that the agent will connect to the switch, there
is no connection initiated from the switch to the agent. There should
be a "neighbor... passive" option in the BGP configuration on the
switch that you could set to ensure it's not trying to initiate the
connection.
If you follow this doc (and you use ovs as driver, not ovn) you should
see the dragent connecting to the switch and publishing routes if any.

hope that helps

> Do you have any links to help, tutorials, that would be of great help to me. Thanks in advance.
>
> Franck

Francois