[stable][requirements][zuul] unpinned setuptools dependency on stable

Előd Illés elod.illes at est.tech
Thu Oct 14 14:00:10 UTC 2021

Hi,

First, sorry for the slow response.

I think pinning setuptools in requirements for stable branches is also a
good idea (up till wallaby). I can accept that.

Another thing is that the openstack projects that I've checked don't
have issues in their CI regarding the unpinned setuptools. Mostly I
saw/see the problem in unit test, static code check and similar tox targets.

Anyway, if this issue is there for devstack for others then I think we
can cap setuptools, too, in requirements repository, if it is OK for
everyone. My only concern is to cap it from the newest relevant stable
branch where we need it. If I'm not mistaken most of the projects have
fixed their related issue in Xena, so I guess Wallaby should be the
first branch to cap setuptools.

Thanks,

Előd