RE: Problème with image from snapshot

DHilsbos at performair.com DHilsbos at performair.com
Wed Oct 13 15:16:28 UTC 2021

Franck;

I only see one issue with what you said, or perhaps didn't say.  You are aware that it is a very good idea to sysprep --generalize a Windows instance, before making an image from it, yes?

Regarding OpenStack, could you tell us what glance and cinder drivers you use?

Have you done other volume to image before?

Have you verified that the image finishes creating before trying to create a VM from it?

I'm not sure that snapshotting before creating an image is necessary.  It's a good idea (maybe even necessary) to have the instance off when converting a volume to an image, thus, depending on your storage technology, the image might just be a snapshot.

I've done volume to image before, but it's been a little while.  I plan to do this with a Linux instance today, so I'll see if I can do it while the instance is running.

Thank you,

Dominic L. Hilsbos, MBA
Vice President – Information Technology
Perform Air International Inc.