[kolla] parent tags

Jason Anderson jasonanderson at uchicago.edu
Thu Oct 7 15:47:24 UTC 2021

Sam, I think Mark’s idea is in general stronger than what I will describe, if all you’re after is different aliases. It sounds like you are trying to iterate on two images (Barbican and Nova), presumably changing the source of the former frequently, and don’t want to build the entire ancestor chain each time.

I had to do something similar because we have a fork of Horizon we work on a lot. Here is my hacky solution: https://github.com/ChameleonCloud/kolla/commit/79611111c03cc86be91a86a9ccd296abc7aa3a3e

We are on Train w/ some other Kolla forks so I can’t guarantee that will apply cleanly, but it’s a small change. It involves adding build-args to some Dockerfiles, in your case I suppose barbican-base, but also nova-base. It’s a bit clunky but gets the job done for us.

/Jason