API used for update Image in Glance

Bernd Bausch berndbausch at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 14:26:00 UTC 2021

There is an /Update Image /API, documented at
https://docs.openstack.org/api-ref/image/v2/index.html?expanded=update-image-detail#update-image.
It does require an HTTP request body in JSON format.

However, it updates the /image catalog entry, /not the image data. If
you want to replace image data, this is not possible, since the image
catalog entry contains a checksum that can't be modified. Modified image
data would not correspond to the checksum anymore (see the second note
under https://docs.openstack.org/api-ref/image/v2, which also states
"images are immutable").

Bernd Bausch.