[oslo] oslo.metrics package for Fedora

Matthias Runge mrunge at matthias-runge.de
Fri Oct 1 07:58:57 UTC 2021

On Wed, Sep 22, 2021 at 03:01:57AM +0000, Hirotaka Wakabayashi wrote:
>  Hello Slawek,
>
> Thank you for your kind reply. I will use the RDO's spec file to make the
> Fedora package. :)
>
> My application packed for Fedora is a simple notification listener using
> oslo.messaging that requires oslo.metrics. As Artem says, any packages in
> Fedora must resolve the dependencies without using RDO packages.
>
> Best Regards,
> Hirotaka Wakabayashi
>
>     On Tuesday, September 21, 2021, 02:57:21 PM GMT+9, Slawek Kaplonski <skaplons at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>  Hi,
>
> On Tue, Sep 21, 2021 at 03:38:45AM +0000, Hirotaka Wakabayashi wrote:
> > Hello Oslo Team,
> >
> > I am a Fedora packager. I want to package oslo.metrics for Fedora because
> > my package uses oslo.messaging that requires oslo.metrics as you know.
> > oslo.messaging package repository already exists in Fedora. I will take over
> > it from the former package maintainer. the oslo.metrics repository doesn't existso I need to make it.
> >
> > If any concerns with it, please reply. I can update the version as soon as the
> > new version releases by using Fedora's release monitoring system.

Sorry, I'm late in the game here.

Your package IS in Fedora and uses both oslo.metrics and also
oslo.messaging?

Looking at the dist-git[1], it seems oslo.messaging has been
removed from Fedora. In order to get it back, you'll need to
go through a package review. I would suspect this could go in
quickly, since there is already a spec.

Matthias

[1] https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/python-oslo-messaging/tree/rawhide

Matthias Runge  2021-10-01 07:33:05 UTC