python_requires >= 3.8 during Yoga

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Fri Nov 26 15:29:46 UTC 2021

 ---- On Fri, 26 Nov 2021 09:20:39 -0600 Dmitry Tantsur <dtantsur at redhat.com> wrote ----

 > On Fri, Nov 26, 2021 at 3:35 PM Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> wrote:
 > On 2021-11-26 14:29:53 +0100 (+0100), Dmitry Tantsur wrote:
 > [...]
 > > CentOS/RHEL ships 3.6 and a limited version of 3.8 and 3.9.
 > [...]
 >
 > Is this still true for CentOS Stream 9? The TC decision was to
 > support that instead of CentOS Stream 8 in Yoga.
 >
 > No. But Stream 9 is pretty much beta, so it's not a replacement for us (and we don't have nodes in nodepool with it even yet?).

I think here is the confusion. In TC, after checking with centos team impression was CentOS stream 9 is released and that is
what we should update In OpenStack testing. And then only we updated the centos stream 8 -> 9 and dropped py3.6 testing

- https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/governance/+/815851/3..6/reference/runtimes/yoga.rst

-gmann