[CLOUDKITTY][VICTORIA] - policy prohibit report:get_summary to admin

Gaël THEROND gael.therond at bitswalk.com
Tue Nov 23 14:58:04 UTC 2021

Hi everyone!

Today I faced a weird situation with one of our cloud platforms using
victoria release.

When trying to get a summary of projects rates would it be through Horizon
or CLI using the admin user of the platform we've got the following error
message:

https://paste.opendev.org/show/bIgG6owrN9B2F3O7iqYG/

>From my understanding of the default policies of cloudkitty, this error
seems to be a bit odd as the admin user profile actually match the default
rules.

At least as exposed in:

https://opendev.org/openstack/cloudkitty/src/branch/stable/victoria/cloudkitty/common/policies/base.py
and
https://opendev.org/openstack/cloudkitty/src/branch/stable/victoria/cloudkitty/common/policies/v1/report.py

Unless I misunderstood something (please correct me if I'm wrong), it's
supposed to at least be ok with the matching.