[all][tc] Yoga testing runtime update. Action needed if py3.9 job failing for your project

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Fri Nov 19 17:44:52 UTC 2021

Hello Everyone.

As discussed in TC PTG, we have updated the testing runtime for the
Yoga cycle [1].

Changes are:
* Add Debian 11 as the tested distro
* Change centos stream 8 -> centos stream 9
* Bump lowest python version to test to 3.8 and highest to python 3.9
** This removes python 3.6 from testing.

I pushed the job template update[2] which will make py3.9 unit test job
voting (which is non-voting currently). I do not see any projects failing
consistently on py3.9[3] but still, I will keep it as -W until early next week
(23rd Nov). If any project needs time to fix the failing py3.9 job, please do
it before 23rd Nov.

[1] https://governance.openstack.org/tc/reference/runtimes/yoga.html
[2] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/openstack-zuul-jobs/+/818609
[3] https://zuul.openstack.org/builds?job_name=openstack-tox-py39&branch=master&result=FAILURE