[nova][all] Adding /healthcheck support in Nova, and better healthcheck in every projects

Dan Smith dms at danplanet.com
Wed Nov 17 21:54:49 UTC 2021

> I don't think we rely on /healthcheck -- there's nothing healthy about
> an API endpoint blindly returning a 200 OK.
>
> You might as well just hit / and accept 300 as a code and that's
> exactly the same behaviour.  I support what Sean is bringing up here
> and I don't think it makes sense to have a noop /healthcheck that
> always gives a 200 OK...seems a bit useless imho

Yup, totally agree. Our previous concerns over a healthcheck that
checked all of nova returning too much info to be useful (for something
trying to figure out if an individual worker is healthy) apply in
reverse to one that returns too little to be useful.

I agree, what Sean is working on is the right balance and that we should
focus on that.

--Dan