[Openstack][cinder] scheduler filters

Sofia Enriquez senrique at redhat.com
Mon Nov 15 17:34:06 UTC 2021

Greetings,
> probably I must use the same backend name for both  and a cinder type
associated to it and the scheduler will use the backend with more space
available ?
I'm not familiar with your deployment but there's a example in the
documentation that I think It may help you:

In a multiple-storage back-end configuration, each back end has a name (
volume_backend_name). Several back ends can have the same name. In that
case, the scheduler properly decides which back end the volume has to be
created in. i.e [1] In this configuration, lvmdriver-1 and lvmdriver-2 have
the same volume_backend_name. If a volume creation requests the LVM back
end name, the scheduler uses the capacity filter scheduler to choose the
most suitable driver, which is either lvmdriver-1 or lvmdriver-2. The
capacity filter scheduler is enabled by default. The next section provides
more information. In addition, this example presents a lvmdriver-3 back end.

Cheers,
Sofia
[1]
https://docs.openstack.org/cinder/xena/admin/blockstorage-multi-backend.html