[all] Stable Core Team Process changed

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Thu Nov 11 00:41:21 UTC 2021

Hello Everyone,

We discussed this in many PTG (Shanghai and in Xena) to decentralize the
stable branch process and make it more distributed towards projects. The
technical Committee has merged the resolution on this and I thought of putting
it on ML in case you have not read it.

With the new process, the individual project teams can manage their own stable core
team in the same way that the regular core team.  Also, project teams will be
empowered to create/enforce polices that best meet the needs of that project.

Existing stable policies stay valid and will serve the purpose as it is doing currently.
And if you have any questions or seeking guidance regarding stable policies, you can
reach out to the existing "Extended Maintenance" SIG which will be renamed to
"Stable Maintenance".

[1] https://governance.openstack.org/tc/resolutions/20210923-stable-core-team.html

-gmann