[cinder] : SAN migration

Gauurav Sabharwal1 gauurav.sabharwal at in.ibm.com
Wed Nov 3 04:50:25 UTC 2021

Hi Experts ,

I need some expert advise of one of the scenario, I have multiple isolated
OpenStack cluster running with train & rocky edition. Each OpenStack
cluster environment have it's own isolated infrastructure of SAN  ( CISCO
fabric ) & Storage  ( HP, EMC & IBM).

Now company planning to refresh their SAN infrastructure. By procuring new
Brocade SAN switches. But there are some migration relevant challenges we
have.

   As we understand under one cinder instance only one typer of FC zone
   manager is supported . Currently  customer configured & managing CISCO .
   Is it possible to configure two different vendor FC Zone manager under
   one cinder instance.
   Migration of SAN zoning is supposedly going to be happen offline way
   from OpenStack point of view. We will be migrating all ports of each
   existing cisco fabric to Brocade with zone configuration using brocade
   CLI.    Our main concern is that after migration How  CINDER DB update
   new zone info & path via Brocade SAN.

Regards
Gauurav Sabharwal
IBM India Pvt. Ltd.
IBM towers
Ground floor, Block -A , Plot number 26,
Sector 62, Noida
Gautam budhnagar UP-201307.
Email:gauurav.sabharwal at in.ibm.com
Mobile No.: +91-9910159277