Load back a vm to openstack

Eugen Block eblock at nde.ag
Thu May 20 07:13:06 UTC 2021

Hi,

my first idea would be to upload the disk file as a new image to
glance and then launch a new instance.
Another idea would be to remove the deleted flag in the nova database
and see if it starts again. I haven't tried that myself, though, I
also don't know how many changes that would require. But manipulating
the database is not supported so I wouldn't recommend it. If you want
to try it anyway make sure you have a database backup, or try it in a
test environment beforehand.

Regards,
Eugen