[wallaby][trove] Instance Volume Resize

Ammad Syed syedammad83 at gmail.com
Wed May 19 09:52:38 UTC 2021

Hi,

I am using wallaby / trove on ubuntu 20.04. I am trying to extend volume of
database instance. Its having trouble that instance cannot exceed volume
size of 10GB.

My flavor has 2vcpus 4GB RAM and 10GB disk. I created a database instance
with 5GB database size and mysql datastore. The deployment has created 10GB
root and 5GB /var/lib/mysql. I have tried to extend volume to 11GB, it
failed with error that "Volume 'size' cannot exceed maximum of 10 GB, 11
cannot be accepted".

I want to keep root disk size to 10GB and only want to extend
/var/lib/mysql keeping the same flavor. Is it possible or should I need to
upgrade flavor as well ?

--
Regards,

Syed Ammad Ali