[all][stable] Delete $series-eol tagged branches

Előd Illés elod.illes at est.tech
Fri May 14 20:09:17 UTC 2021

Hi,

As I wrote previously [1] the long-waited deletion of $series-eol tagged
branches started with the removal of ocata-eol tagged ones first (for
the list of deleted branches, see: [2])
Then I also sent out a warning [3] about the next step, to delete
pike-eol tagged branches, which finally happened today (for the list of
deleted branches, see: [4]).

So now I'm sending out a *warning* again, that as a 3rd step, the
deletion of already tagged but still open branches will continue in 1 or
2 weeks time frame. If everything works as expected, then branches with
*queens-eol*, *rocky-eol* and *stein-eol* tags can be processed in one
batch.

Also I would like to ask the teams who have $series-eol tagged branches
to abandon all open patches on those branches, otherwise the branch
cannot be deleted.

Thanks,

Előd

[1]