threat to freenode (where openstack irc hangs out)

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri May 14 15:14:25 UTC 2021

On 2021-05-14 11:05:55 -0400 (-0400), Chris Morgan wrote:
> https://twitter.com/dmsimard/status/1393203159770804225?s=20
> https://p.haavard.me/407
>
> I have no independent validation of this.

It seems like that may not be the whole story. Regardless, the infra
team have registered a small foothold of copies of our critical
channels on OFTC years ago, and have always considered that a
reasonable place to relocate in the event something happens to
Freenode which makes it no longer suitable. Letting people know to
switch the IRC server name in their clients and updating lots of
documentation mentioning Freenode would be the hardest part,
honestly.
--
Jeremy Stanley