[TripleO] Opting out of global-requirements.txt

Jesse Pretorius jesse at odyssey4.me
Fri May 14 07:49:37 UTC 2021

> On 13 May 2021, at 19:38, James Slagle <james.slagle at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'd like to propose that TripleO opt out of dependency management by removing tripleo-common from global-requirements.txt.  I do not feel that the global dependency management brings any advantages or anything needed for TripleO. I can't think of any reason to enforce the ability to be globally pip installable with the rest of OpenStack.

How would this affect the RDO build process? Doesn’t it use a common set of deps defined by global requirements to build everything on a stable branch?

Would this mean that TripleO would be built using a different set of deps from the OpenStack services it deploys?

I’m all for doing this, but there may be a hidden cost here which needs to be considered.