[Octavia][Victoria] No service listening on port 9443 in the amphora instance

Luke Camilleri luke.camilleri at zylacomputing.com
Thu May 13 11:23:13 UTC 2021

HI Michael, thanks a lot for the below information it is very helpful. I
ended up setting the o-hm0 interface statically in the
octavia-interface.sh script which is called by the service and also
added a delay to make sure that the bridges are up before trying to
create a veth pair and connect the endpoints.

Also I edited the unit section of the health-manager service and at the
after option I added octavia-interface.service or else on startup the
health manager will not bind to the lb-mgmt-net since it would not be up yet

The floating IPs part was a bit tricky until I understood what was
really going on with the VIP concept and how better and more flexible it
is to set the VIP on the tenant network and then associate with public
ip to the VIP.

With this being said I noticed that 2 IPs are being assigned to the
amphora instance and that the actual port assigned to the instance has
an allowed pair with the VIP port. I checked online and it seems that
there is an active/standby project going on with VRRP/keepalived and in
fact the keepalived daemon is running in the amphora instance.

Am I on the right track with the active/standby feature and if so do you
have any installation/project links to share please so that I can test it?

Regards