[largescale-sig][neutron] What driver are you using?

Laurent Dumont laurentfdumont at gmail.com
Tue May 11 23:21:09 UTC 2021

I feel like it depends a lot on the scale/target usage (public vs private
cloud).

But at $dayjob, we are leveraging

   - vlans for external networking (linux-bridge + OVS)
   - vxlans for internal Openstack networks.

We like the simplicity of vxlan with minimal overlay configuration. There
are some scaling/performance issues with stuff like l2 population.

VLANs are okay but it's hard to predict the next 5 years of growth.