[sdk]: identity service if get_application_credential method could use user name

dmeng dmeng at uvic.ca
Thu May 6 16:29:30 UTC 2021

Hello,
Hope this email finds you well.
Shall I please ask a question about the openstacksdk identity service,
the application credential?
We would like to get the expiration date of an application credential
using the Identity v3 method get_application_credential or
find_appplication_credential. We found that they require both the user
id and the application credential id in order to get it. The code I'm
using is as the following, and this works for us.
conn = connection.Connection(
session=sess,
region_name='Victoria,
identity_api_version='3')
keystone = conn.identity
find = keystone.get_application_credential(user='my_user_id',
application_credential = 'app_cred_id')
expire_date = find['expires_at']
We are wondering if we could use the user name to get it instead of the
user id? If I do get_application_credential(user='catherine',
application_credential = 'app_cred_id'), then it will show me an error
that "You are not authorized to perform the requested action:
identity:get_application_credential". Is there any method that no need
user info, can just use the application credential id to get the
expiration date? We also didn't find any documentation about the
application credential in openstacksdk identity service docs.
Thanks and have a great day!
Catherine