[docs] bug tracker for individual projects' search pages

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed May 5 13:47:16 UTC 2021

On 2021-05-05 15:19:16 +0200 (+0200), Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> On 05.05.21 14:52, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> > On 2021-05-05 12:16:39 +0000 (+0000), Erik Panter wrote:
> > > I'm having issues with the individual projects' doc search pages
> > > (e.g. https://docs.openstack.org/neutron/victoria/search.html?q=test)
> > > since ussuri: When searching Ussuri and Victoria docs, malformed
> > > links are returned, and for Wallaby it doesn't return any results.
> > [...]
> >
> > Looking at the way the result links are malformed, it appears
> > ".html" in the URL is being replaced with "undefined" so perhaps
> > this is something to do with a filename suffix variable which the
> > Sphinx simple search expects but which we're failing to set in its
> > conf.py?
[...]
> Isn't this fixed by:
>
> https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/openstackdocstheme/+/753283
>
> Maybe a new release needs to be done?

Good find! Yeah that seems to be included in 2.2.6 from October
(2.2.7 is the latest release BTW), but we constrain the versions
used by branch so only stable/wallaby and master are using it. For
stable/victoria we build with 2.2.5 which explains why we see that
behavior on victoria and earlier branch docs.

That still doesn't explain the later versions just never completing
the search result request, but does point out that there's a good
chance it's a regression in the theme.
--
Jeremy Stanley