[tc][all] What should we have as community goals for Y series?( Starting community-wide goals ideas)

Rico Lin ricolin at ricolky.com
Tue May 4 13:08:36 UTC 2021

Dear all,

We're now in R-22 week for Xena cycle which sounds like a perfect time to
start calling for community-wide goals ideas for Y-series. According to the
goal process schedule [1], we need to find potential goals, and champions
before Xena milestone-1 and provide proper discussion in the
community right after that to give a clear view and detail on each goal.
And if we would like to keep up with the schedule, we should start
right away to identify potential goals.

So please help to provide ideas for Y series community-wide goals in [2].

Community-wide goals are important in terms of solving and improving a
technical
area across OpenStack as a whole. It has a lot more benefits to be
considered from
users as well from a developer's perspective. See [3] for more details about
community-wide goals and processes.

Also, you can refer to the backlogs of community-wide goals from this[4]
and victoria
cycle goals[5] (also ussuri[6]). We took cool-down cycle goal step for Xena
cycle [7], so no selected goals for Xena.

[1] https://governance.openstack.org/tc/goals/#goal-selection-schedule
[2] https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/y-series-goals
[3] https://governance.openstack.org/tc/goals/index.html
[4] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/community-goals
[5] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/YVR-v-series-goals
[6] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/PVG-u-series-goals
[7] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/governance/+/770616

*Rico Lin*
OIF Board director, OpenStack TC, Multi-arch SIG chair, Heat PTL,
Senior Software Engineer at EasyStack