[all][qa][cinder][octavia][murano][sahara][manila][magnum][kuryr][neutron] Devstack dropping support for Ubuntu Bionic 18.04

Slawek Kaplonski skaplons at redhat.com
Tue May 4 06:23:42 UTC 2021

Hi,

<radoslaw.piliszek at gmail.com> wrote ----

>  > Dears,
>  >
>  > I have scraped the Zuul API to get names of jobs that *could* run on
>  > master branch and are still on bionic. [1]
>  > "Could" because I could not establish from the API whether they are
>  > included in any pipelines or not really (e.g., there are lots of
>  > transitive jobs there that have their nodeset overridden in children
>  > and children are likely used in pipelines, not them).
>  >
>  > [1] https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/N3JQ4dsfqR/
>
> Thanks for the list. We need to only worried about jobs using devstack
master branch. Along with
> non-devstack jobs. there are many stable testing jobs also on the master
gate which is all good to
> pin the bionic nodeset, for example - 'neutron-tempest-plugin-api-ussuri'.
>
> From the list, I see few more projects (other than listed in the subject of
this email) jobs, so tagging them
> now: sahara, networking-sfc, manila, magnum, kuryr.
>
> -gmann
>
>  > -yoctozepto
>  >
>  > On Fri, Apr 30, 2021 at 12:28 AM Ghanshyam Mann <gmann at ghanshyammann.com>
wrote:
>  > > Hello Everyone,
>  > >
>  > > As per the testing runtime since Victoria [1], we need to move our CI/
CD to Ubuntu Focal 20.04 but
>  > > it seems there are few jobs still running on Bionic. As devstack team
is planning to drop the Bionic support
>  > > you need to move those to Focal otherwise they will start failing. We
are planning to merge the devstack patch
>  > > by 2nd week of May.
>  > >
>  > > - https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/devstack/+/788754
>  > >
>  > > I have not listed all the job but few of them which were failing with '
rtslib-fb-targetctl error' are below:
>  > >
>  > > Cinder- cinder-plugin-ceph-tempest-mn-aa
>  > > - https://opendev.org/openstack/cinder/src/commit/
7441694cd42111d8f24912f03f669eec72fee7ce/.zuul.yaml#L166
>  > >
>  > > python-cinderclient - python-cinderclient-functional-py36
>  > > - https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/python-cinderclient/+/788834
>  > >
>  > > Octavia- https://opendev.org/openstack/octavia-tempest-plugin/src/
branch/master/zuul.d/jobs.yaml#L182
>  > >
>  > > Murani- murano-dashboard-sanity-check
>  > > -https://opendev.org/openstack/murano-dashboard/src/commit/
b88b32abdffc171e6650450273004a41575d2d68/.zuul.yaml#L15
>  > >
>  > > Also if your 3rd party CI is still running on Bionic, you can plan to
migrate it to Focal before devstack patch merge.
>  > >
>  > > [1] https://governance.openstack.org/tc/reference/runtimes/
victoria.html
>  > >
>  > > -gmann

I checked neutron-* jobs on that list. All with "legacy" in the name are some
old jobs which may be run on some stable branches only.
Also neutron-tempest-plugin jobs on that list are for older stable branches
and I think they should be still running on Bionic.
In overall I think we are good on the Neutron with dropping support for Bionic
in the master branch.

--
Slawek Kaplonski
Principal Software Engineer