[wallaby][magnum] Cluster Deployment Unhealthy

Ammad Syed syedammad83 at gmail.com
Mon May 3 08:55:11 UTC 2021

Hi,

I have upgraded my magnum environment from victoria to wallaby. The upgrade
went successfully. When I am trying to deploy a cluster from template, the
status of cluster shows UNHEALTHY but create complete.

I have logged into the master nodes and found no error message in heat
logs. The nodes status still sees NotReady.

[root at k8s-cluster-iomfrpuadezp-master-0 kubernetes]# kubectl get nodes
--all-namespaces
NAME                                STATUS     ROLES    AGE     VERSION
k8s-cluster-iomfrpuadezp-master-0   NotReady   master   14m     v1.18.16
k8s-cluster-iomfrpuadezp-node-0     NotReady   <none>   9m51s   v1.18.16

Also there is no pods running in kube-system namespace.

[root at k8s-cluster-iomfrpuadezp-master-0 kubernetes]# kubectl get pods
--all-namespaces
No resources found

I have checked the logs, the flannel was deployed.

+ printf 'Starting to run calico-service\n'
+ set -e
+ set +x
+ '[' flannel = calico ']'
+ printf 'Finished running calico-service\n'
+ set -e
+ set +x
Finished running calico-service
+ '[' flannel = flannel ']'
+ _prefix=quay.io/coreos/
+ FLANNEL_DEPLOY=/srv/magnum/kubernetes/manifests/flannel-deploy.yaml
+ '[' -f /srv/magnum/kubernetes/manifests/flannel-deploy.yaml ']'
+ echo 'Writing File: /srv/magnum/kubernetes/manifests/flannel-deploy.yaml'
Writing File: /srv/magnum/kubernetes/manifests/flannel-deploy.yaml
++ dirname /srv/magnum/kubernetes/manifests/flannel-deploy.yaml
+ mkdir -p /srv/magnum/kubernetes/manifests
+ set +x
+ '[' '' = 0 ']'
+ /usr/bin/kubectl apply -f
/srv/magnum/kubernetes/manifests/flannel-deploy.yaml --namespace=kube-system
podsecuritypolicy.policy/psp.flannel.unprivileged created
clusterrole.rbac.authorization.k8s.io/flannel created
clusterrolebinding.rbac.authorization.k8s.io/flannel created
serviceaccount/flannel created
configmap/kube-flannel-cfg created
daemonset.apps/kube-flannel-ds created

I tried to deploy the flannel again, but it showing unchanged.

[root at k8s-cluster-iomfrpuadezp-master-0 heat-config-script]# kubectl apply
-f /srv/magnum/kubernetes/manifests/flannel-deploy.yaml
--namespace=kube-system
podsecuritypolicy.policy/psp.flannel.unprivileged configured
clusterrole.rbac.authorization.k8s.io/flannel unchanged
clusterrolebinding.rbac.authorization.k8s.io/flannel unchanged
serviceaccount/flannel unchanged
configmap/kube-flannel-cfg unchanged
daemonset.apps/kube-flannel-ds unchanged

The other thing I have noticed that cluster deployment still uses old
parameters of victoria like heat_agent_tag and others. Its not using latest
default tags of wallaby release.

I am using magnum on ubuntu 20.04. The other components in stack are
already upgraded to wallaby release.

--
Regards,
Ammad Ali