[kolla] does someone uses AArch64 images?

Marcin Juszkiewicz marcin.juszkiewicz at linaro.org
Mon Mar 29 15:34:17 UTC 2021

W dniu 23.03.2021 o 14:36, Thomas Goirand pisze:
> On 3/23/21 12:43 PM, Marcin Juszkiewicz wrote:

>> AArch64 support in Kolla(-Ansible) project is present since Ocata
>> (iirc). For most of that time we supported all three distributions:
>> CentOS, Debian and Ubuntu.
>>
>> # Distribution coverage
>>
>> Debian is source only as there never was any source of up-to-date
>> OpenStack packages (Debian OpenStack team builds only x86-64 packages
>> and they do it after release).
>>
>> # My interest
>>
>> I take care of Debian/source ones as we use them at Linaro in our
>> developer cloud setups. It often means backporting of fixes when we
>> upgrade from one previous release to something newer.
>
> Getting binary support is just a mater of rebuilding packages for arm64.
> I once did that for you setting-up a Jenkins machine just for
> rebuilding. It's really a shame that you guys aren't following that
> road. You'd have all of my support if you did. I personally don't have
> access to the necessary hardware for it, and wont use the arm64 repos...

The thing is - no one asked for Debian/binary images so far so I did not
bothered you.

Your team provides packages for already released OpenStack stuff. From
Kolla point of view it means that at beginning of a new development
cycle we would need to get images for previous release with Debian
binary packages built, tested and backported.